This is a kinda late post.
17th of June 2018. We honor all the fathers who worked hard to provide for their family. Shout out to my dad who always wants the best for his family. So for father’s day, my brother and I spontaneously invited the family for a day trip in San Juan, Batangas. Thank God every one (particularly daddy) agreed. (Side story: We were planning a San Felipe, Zambales or a San Juan, La Union trip. However, Zambales was still recovering from habagat wrath while La Union has few beach resorts good for a day trip that is pet friendly.)
I remembered in one of DIY Philippines facebook post that there is a resort in Batangas that is pet-friendly. Acuaverde Beach Resort is the place to be! Three hours away from Manila is the town of Laiya where you can choose from a variety of beach resorts, one of which is Acuaverde. Here are the details in bullet form:
- Laiya, San Juan, Batangas
- Upon reaching Laiya you need to pay their Environmental fee of Php20 per person.
- You can have a quick stop at the 100 plus years old San Juan Nepomuceno church in San Juan, Batangas.
Rates and Inclusions
- Day tour costs Php1,300 (peak season) inclusive of the following:
- Use of resort facilities from 8am to 5pm
- Welcome drinks
- Morning snacks, Buffet lunch, Afternoon snacks
- Free use of kayak (although we were not able to try this)
- Wifi access
- And an excellent service
*For complete details of rates, check their website. It’s all in there.
- For your fur friends, day tour costs Php600 per pet inclusive of a gift bag with the following:
- Sachet of organic shampoo (This is Popo’s shampoo!)
- Dog treats (Yay!)
- Small ball (More yay!)
- Neck leash
- Clean up plastic in a container (Be a responsible pawrents by picking up your fur babies’ shizz)
- The resort gives you a chill vibe even upon arriving.
- They have several rooms good for 2-3pax and 4-5pax.
- They have cabanas for rent at Php2,000.
- They have smaller cabanas at the beach front and near the dining area for buffet lunch. If you are just 2-4pax, you can slash the cabana rentals and chill at these smaller cabanas instead. It is perfectly fine with them.
- The resort has enough parking space.
- Semi-white sand beach that’s a bit rocky on some parts (Instant foot massage!)
- On the beach front are numerous small cabanas.
- They offer water activities such as banana boat, jet ski, fly board, kayak, etc.
- Beach volleyball will never go MIA!
- This is probably the most pet-friendly establishment ever.
- We treat our dog, Popo, as REALLY a part of the family and we really appreciate establishments that allow dogs inside. We were not hesitant at all for the Php600 fee; it’s quite sulit naman since they provided the pet gift bag.
- They will, however, let you sign a waiver with your pet’s details and that you are a responsible pet owner.
- They have a play park for your fur babies!
- 5/5 for me.
- From my first call to the resort until the day itself, they were courteous and accommodating. They would happily answer ALL of my questions.
- For day tours, they serve morning and afternoon snacks and a buffet lunch.
- Though we checked in late at 11:30AM, they still served our morning snacks (clubhouse sandwich).
- Buffet lunch was okay. I loved the mushroom soup, kaldereta and mango sago!
- Afternoon snack was pancit palabok and slice of bread.
- I also loved their tamarind juice!
- Common restroom is 3/5 for me. It does not smell but it is quite small for a common restroom.
- I think shower areas should be cleaned at least every hour to remove the accumulation of sand inside.
Overall, I rate this resort 4/5 and is highly recommendable to friends especially those with fur babies.
Disclaimer: I am in no way being paid in promoting this establishment. This is just an honest review as their customer once. 🙂